A fun bootcamp that seeds healthy money habits
Research has shown that our relationship with money is riddled with unconscious prejudice, biases, and emotions which were formed during our childhood. What we don’t understand is likely to end up controlling us, and it has never been more necessary to raise children with a healthy relationship to money to be smart financial decision makers and to see the world from a lens of possibility instead of scarcity.
Over the course of the workshop, children are introduced to the fundamental principles and virtues behind the 5 pillars of money. Through drama, storytelling, games, music, and art, we lay the foundations for a healthy relationship to money and it all begins with mindset and attitude:
- Understand the value of money and its role
- Plant the seeds for healthy habits of mind and action
- Discover the power of personal choice and consequence
- Learn the virtues behind earning, spending, saving, investing, and giving
What is Unique?
- Moolahsophy’s content is the integration of PlayMoolah™’s 5 pillars of money and The Virtues Project™ which empowers individuals to live more authentic and meaningful lives, families to raise children of compassion and integrity, educators to create safe, caring, and high performing learning communities, and leaders to encourage excellence and ethics. The Virtues Project™ is founded in Canada and was honored by the United Nations as “a model global program for families of all cultures”.
- Moolahsophy’s facilitators go through a Train-the-Trainers program that combines applied neuroscience principles, the virtues strategies, and participatory practice principles. Our master facilitators are all seasoned educators drawn from multidisciplinary fields that traverse the sectors of mainstream education, international schools, international arts-based programs, professional arts world, entrepreneurship, and corporate training.
- Moolahsophy’s activities combine mixed modalities of drama, storytelling, games, and arts to engage a wide range of learners.
Our Master Trainers
Johnny is a master storyteller, ex-youth pastor, professional dramatist with focus on participatory theatre, mime professional and corporate training. He has extensive experience working with marginalized and special needs children including non-English speakers, using drama as a powerful form of self-expression, learning, and healing. He is also founder of The Journey Man, and brings his work all over the world to schools, museums, youth centres and corporations.
Chinmaya is the Angel of Awe at PlayMoolah, having rich experiences creating magical moments for a wide range of student profiles. Her charismatic and uniquely endearing ways, find her winning the hearts of pupils every time. Chinmaya has had mainstream teaching experience with government schools, and is also a multiple award-winning trainer at MindChamps and an enrichment facilitator with diverse experiences, having worked extensively with Special Needs students.
Roslina is a serial entrepreneur, executive coach, certified Virtues Project facilitator and all round polymath. Her professional life traversed the fields of private equity, design, shipping, F&B, education and management consulting. An early adopter of applied neuroscience in learning design and delivery, she has front-line experience working with learners from ages 5 to 50 in corporate, academic, and marginalised settings.
What parents have said...
"It is great that Moolasophy veers away from mainstream sports, music and enrichment classes and instead is teaching children skill sets and virtues that they can truly bring with them in their lifelong learning journey whether in school or at work. My daughter came back knowing the importance of responsibilities and being able to discern the difference between a need and a want."